EEA Residence Permit

An EEA residence permit allows people from European Economic Area (EEA) nations to live and work in the United Kingdom. Dependants of a person holding an EEA residence permit are also entitled to the right of residence in the UK. The EEA residence permit lasts for five years with holders eligible, after four of the five years, to apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

Anyone with an EEA residence permit has the right to accept employment in the United Kingdom. They are also entitled to establish a business, set up a local branch of a company, or manage a company. There is no obligation for a person holding an EEA residence permit to work while living in the UK. However, as EEA residence permit holders are not eligible for financial assistance through public funding such as income support, council tax benefits, or housing benefit, they need to employed or able to support themselves financially. While a work permit is not needed by someone with an EEA residence permit, there may be a requirement for nationals of some countries to register as workers under the Workers Registration Scheme before applying for an EEA residence permit.

Available free of charge, an EEA residence permit is an official confirmation of the holder’s right to live in the UK. It also serves as an identification document. While usually valid for five years, an EEA residence permit may be provided for a shorter time for someone who wants to work or study in the UK for less than 12 months.

For more advice and information on how to obtain this visa please do not hesitate to contact us online using the enquiry form below/email or via the telephone on a number provided

Contact Us

Liberty Immigration Services Limited

1st Floor

4 De Montfort St

Leicester LE1 7GA

Tel: 01164315091

Follow Us